Tuesday, January 3, 2012

So Anyways...

We have two monitors to our computer, and I couldn't be more grateful.

Most of the time one screen plays an episode of vintage Donald Duck, Little Einsteins, or Babar and Badou; while the other is reserved for mommy or daddy business, such as reading the news or writing a blog.  Last night Langston watched Tinga Tales while I surfed for video hair tutorials.  But this afternoon, Langston is happy to play with his trains, while I watch Seinfeld's "Little Kicks" and write today's blog- a much better and brighter post than the last.

Over Christmas I made this cake for a friend of ours.  He used to live somewhere in California, where his wife worked at a bakery that sold a Toffee Coffee Cake.


Now, I have never made toffee, and that is for good reason: I do not like it.  I am not sure if it is the flavor or texture or what, but I simply don't like it.  Having worked for Starbucks for years, I do know however that a Toffee Nut Latte was a pretty popular drink.  I figured it was worth a go.


The toffee was very simple to make, although it was ugly.  Something went wrong with spreading the chocolate, but overall it set very well and tasted like toffee (bleck).  He wanted a classic butter cake for the base, and the Coffee Cream Cheese Frosting was intensely delicious.  Like, extra delicious.  Like, make-extra-so-that-you-can-find-a-corner-somewhere-and-have-your-way-with-it delicious.

Really.  Delicious.

So here's to hoping you get a moment for yourself today, and if you get a couple of moments, make this cake for you and yours.

Recipe tomorrow...

Rachel Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment