Friday, April 6, 2012

The cool kids call it "SMBC:" Cake in Augusta, GA

I have been up to a lot lately, which is really nothing new except we are adding 'moving" to our repertoire this month. I am sure we have all been there, but I must say that my house is in a continual state of scramble (and will be for at least the next month).

But outside of moving, I have been baking all sorts of cakes and cupcakes for different events that I realized I haven't ever shared with you, and I suppose now is as good a time as any....

Breakfast at Tiffany's Cupcakes
I made these cuties for a "Breakfast at Tiffany's" themed breakfast at my church.

Fist Birthday Cupcakes
And I made these for a 1st birthday party. They are quite possibly the most precious cakes I have ever made.  Don't you think?

Ruffle Cake
And a ruffled smash cake to go along with them.

I also had a wedding cake, which I will show you next week.  It showed up on the right day, even (for those of you who get that reference).

For special events: events when I know that cakes might be sitting out for a while, I always choose to use Swiss Meringue Buttercream.  Sure, it is a lot of work, but its silkiness and staying-power cannot be reproduced. And the flavor: velvety smooth, and not overpowering next to a well baked cake. It pipes beautifully, and I venture to say that it almost sparkles.

Take some time to make some this week, but don't if you don't have a stand mixer. I cannot imagine how difficult it would be without one.

Refer to my very first blogpost: here for a recipe.  Enjoy, and if I don't see you again, have a lovely Easter.

Rachel Bee



2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful work! I can't wait to try your recipe for Swiss Meringue Buttercream!

    ReplyDelete